NetflixDeed (netflixdeed.com) Content Guidelines for Accuracy & Fairness
It is the policy of NetflixDeed to give its readers a comprehensive, unbiased, and factually-accurate reportage of the news.
Our writers and editors come from strong journalism backgrounds with a foundation of ethics and accuracy. Our goal is to gain readers' trust across the world and keep that trust by delivering the news accurately and with no hidden agendas.
- NetflixDeed journalists must ensure that they do not publish inaccurate, misleading, or distorted information, including pictures.
- If there is significant inaccuracy in a published article and/or photograph, then the error must be admitted (either in the original article via an UPDATE, or in the new report) and corrected as swiftly as possible, and if required, an apology published.
- NetflixDeed strives to feature opinions from across the spectrum of ideologies when they do not incite hate or violence against an individual, group, or corporate entity. All opinions must be clearly distinguished from reportage so as not to mislead the reader.
- No NetflixDeed journalist will photograph individuals in private places without their consent.
- NetflixDeed journalists must not coerce, harass, or threaten a person in the course of the journalist's reportage.
- In cases involving suicide, the NetflixDeed journalist will not go into excessive detail about the method of said suicide.
A child under 16 must not be interviewed or photographed on issues involving their own or another child's welfare unless a parent or legal guardian consents.
- Parents and children must not be paid for material involving children's welfare unless it is clearly in the child's interest.
- NetflixDeed must not identify children under 16 who are victims or witnesses in cases involving sex offenses. In any report about a sexual offense against a child, the child must not be identified (though the adult may be).
- Relatives or friends of those convicted or accused of a crime should not be identified without their consent unless relevant to the story.
- NetflixDeed journalists must avoid any prejudicial reference to a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or any physical or mental illness or disability.
- NetflixDeed journalists are under a moral obligation not to divulge the identity of their sources.
- NetflixDeed journalists may grant anonymity to a source only if the information provided by the said source is vital to the public interest.